Last Updated on January 2, 2022 by scottkandh
What is the Liebster Award
The Liebster Award is an award given to other bloggers from bloggers. The Liebster Award is helping other bloggers get recognition for their blog and the work that they’ve put into creating it.
I looked up the “etymology” of the Liebster Award and this is what I found:
The award dates back to 2011. The award is a way for your blog to be discovered. Liebster is a German word meaning: sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, kind, pleasant, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Over time, the Liebster Award has changed. Here are the different free uses for the award after it’s been officially accepted.
Is it like a like chain mail or something?
In a sense it’s like that, but everyone should participate in good faith and with good intentions. As mentioned earlier, it’s a great way to spread the love to other smaller blogs around the internet.
The rules are quite simple and require that you do a few things before officially accepting the award.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers.
4. Ask your nominees 11 questions.
5. Then once you’ve uploaded your post, notify your nominees, and provide them with a link to the post.
11 Questions to me from Sophie at the Brilliant Day.
Many, many thanks to Sophie for nominating for me this award. She’s done quite an incredible job on her blog and she blogs about so many different types of topics. On Sophie’s blog is where I learned for the first time about a challenge called Blogtober. I can hardly wait for it to start. Here’s a link to the blog post explaining the Blogtober Challenge 2020.
Most of the questions are about your blog, but there’s a few random ones.
- When did you first start your blog?
I started my blog in July of 2020. I had been addicted to Pinterest for nearly a month before I read about creating a blog. I had created websites in the past, so creating a blog was relatively easy for me except for the coding aspect. I liked using Front Page as a visual website editor and DreamWeaver. It’s been a blast blogging and I’ve learned so much and so much more to come as I continue blogging to provide you information and learn to become a Pinterest Expert.
2. What is your favorite topic to blog about?
By the name of my blog, Pinterest Artwork, I think it’s pretty obvious that the topic I consider to be my favorite is Pinterest. It makes collecting some of my favorite things like artwork all in one place for me to look at Norman Rockwell, Lighthouses, Jack Vettriano paintings, etc.
3. Do you have a blogging schedule, or do you just post at random?
My blogging schedule is random. It’s usually one post every other day. But I am extremely looking forward to October where I’ll be blogging every day of the month, for a whole during the Annual Blogtober event.
4. What source do most of your blog views come from?
The source that most of my blog views come from is a program called Canva. They’ve got countless images (with the exception of trademarked names). The pictures are professionally done and it’s easy to get a pin centered (which I like to do in most cases).
5. What is your most popular blog post?
My most popular blog post is SEO Checklist items for WordPress blogs. It contains especially useful information to ensure that you’re fully taking advantage of Search Optimization in your blog.
6. Do your friends and family read your blog?
Only once in a while.
7. What time do you get up in the morning?
Between 9 and 10 am in the morning, head downstairs and start updating my pins (it seems nonstop, but it’ll take a drastic drop in October after I’ve created an incredible 540 pins by that time to cover 54 posts with 10 pins per post).
8. What is your favorite animal?
My favorite animal is cats. I love to hear them purr when they cuddle with you in your lap. Not to mention that I’m a Leo, so I like the Lion, who’s a big cat.
9. What is the last film you saw?
The last film I saw was a great movie that got me all choked up because my Dad had died in June of this year. It’s a movie called: The Ghost and Mrs. Muir (I got emotional when she died at the end).
10. What is the last book you read?
Hard to say, I don’t do a lot of reading because of eye surgery. It’s hard for me to read now (even with reading glasses). But the book that resonates the most with what I’ve read last is a book chronicling the Knights of Columbus (given to me by my lovely wife – and I’ll cherish the book).
11. Do you prefer fiction or non-fiction books?
I prefer to read books about fiction. Books like Harry Potter. I used to be into Stephen King for every book he had written I would try to get my hands on it, but after a little while they all started to look the same, so I tapered off.
11 questions for my nominees (listed next)
- Mary Ann or Ginger and why?
- Have you ever participated in Blogtober to grow your blog?
- What’s your favorite Board to look for on Pinterest?
- What’s your favorite Group Board on Pinterest?
- How many pins do you pin on an average day?
- What are your Top 10 favorite cartoon shows as a kid?
- What are your Top 10 television shows as a kid?
- Are you a cat person or a dog person?
- In one word, how would you describe yourself?
- Cake or ice cream?
- Chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry?
I’ve lived up to my end of the bargain and now without further ado, I’d like to nominate the following blogs for the Liebster Award.
I hope that they’ll accept the award and pay it forward and help other bloggers:
- Introspective Musings
- MEQ Academy Blogs
- Advise Blogging
- My Book Guide
- Live Life to the Fullest
- Sure Job Online
Please take a moment to look at some other relevant posts on my website.