Last Updated on April 8, 2022 by Scott Charleboix
Introducing the new and improved SEO Hurdle for Bloggers Online Course.
SEO Hurdle for Bloggers
(jumping over SEO obstacles)
SEO-everal days ago I was going through Facebook and for some unknown odd reason one of the things that got my attention this time was an ad for Create and Go’s SEO Blueprint for Bloggers Course. The total cost of the course is $197.00.
SEO Hurdle for Bloggers Online Course
And since I’ve realized the importance of Holistic SEO in July of 2021 my traffic has slightly increased largely in part to SEO. There are two types of SEO one for Bloggers called Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and the other kind of SEO is the one that you use for Pinterest to have Pinterest read your pins and look at your SEO (within the image).
I strongly considered taking the course; however, it’s been extremely fun learning SEO on my own. I’m wanting to turn my blog into a profit where hopefully you’ll subscribe to my blog or buy some of the affiliate products that I’ve recommended in my posts.
Plus, I feel that if I take their course, I might be persuaded that I shouldn’t write about this or that for some of my upcoming SEO posts. I can’t begin to promise you the same results that the SEO Blueprint for Bloggers can do because that’s the ultimate blueprint for turning your blog into an SEO machine and they’ve been blogging a lot longer than I have (only been blogging for 1 ½ years).
I’ve got more than 500 incoming links to my post called the Ultimate SEO Roadmap to Learning SEO so I figured that this free SEO course would be very beneficial for new bloggers.
Another reason for creating this course is that the course I currently use called CourseCraft which is going to be closing their doors in April of 2022. CourseCraft notice below.
Important! CourseCraft will be shutting down on April 30, 2022. Please read the announcement with all the details. If you are participating in a course, contact the course creator for next steps. Thank you for your support!CourseCraft
SEO can be confusing for new bloggers
SEO with all of it’s nuances can be very confusing. Because it’s hard to know where you need to start. And most of the programs recommend that you do this or that to improve your SEO and sometimes the jargon that they use is so technical that even computer geeks like me that’s been using a computer since the early 1980’s find’s it hard to understand (and I’m Microsoft Office and A+ Certified)!
About Me: I’ve written exactly 100 posts to date about SEO tips. What got me excited about using SEO is a comment that I read a long time ago that it takes 3 – 6 months for your SEO to kick in so I started researching SEO right away and using it. I thought that I had an exceptional hand on it and then I discovered Rank Math.
If I can learn SEO (and I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder) you can too. It requires time, patience, and a lot of practice. Learning how to use SEO is one of the best investments you can make to bring traffic to your blog and turn your blog into a profit. Yes, it’s scary to learn new things. People are resistant to change, but if you want to bring more traffic to your blog, Pinterest by itself won’t cut it. SEO is the new Pinterest.
To this day I’m still using SEO programs that recommend that you need to do this or that and that’s because there are so many things to do with SEO and it’s a continuing on-going thing that needs constant improvement. What we in the military used to call a Continuity book reminds me of SEO because it needs attention and needs to be updated on a regular basis.
After discovering Rank Math SEO and reading about Holistic SEO and looking at the scores that my posts were providing to me before optimizing them for better SEO scores, I’ve became quite the SEO enthusiast.
I could easily charge $40 for my SEO course because I feel that it’s worth that much. But my goal is to bring traffic to my blog which ultimately result in more sales. And solely for that reason I’m going to be offering my SEO Hurdle Course for the low price of $10.00. Why?
Because I want to make at least a little profit and at the same time by having this course available for the low cost of $10.00 I’ll be able to showcase one of blog posts that is one of my pride and joy called the Ultimate SEO Roadmap to Learning SEO that I mentioned earlier.
Another reason for offering you my SEO Hurdle Course for the low price of $10.00 is that I want to build up blog’s subscribers to more than 1,000 so that I can take advantage of using an automated welcome e-mail sequence. I truly believe that this course is the ticket to making that happen.
But you know what? I’ve been blogging long enough that people are always looking for good deals and the good deal that I’m going to be giving you is that you can get the course for free, all you need to do is enroll. I highly encourage you to take advantage of this great offer where you’ll have a wealth of SEO information readily available at your fingertips when something comes up that you can use as a ready SEO reference. I sincerely hope that you’ll take advantage of this free search engine optimization course that just requires your email address to enroll.PinArtwork
So given the choice, would you rather spend $197 to learn SEO or take my course for free and save a boatload of money?
Once you begin to learn how SEO works and how to write posts that are optimized for SEO it’s really not that hard.
My course breaks SEO into two components:
- The SEO steps that you need to setup for a brand-new website and
- Using an SEO plug-in (like Rank Math SEO)
I want to leave you with an important point from Create and Go that discusses the importance of SEO:
After dominating Pinterest traffic and running a crazy successful course on it, Lauren and I felt that SEO was truly the long-term future of blogging.
My average stats per day is not staggering; however, for a small blog that has only been around for slightly over 1 ½ years I’ve been able to raise my average pageviews per day from 10 to 58 per day (see Site Stats summary).
I realize that’s not a lot, but the important thing is that I realize there will be growth in the future as I continue to hone my SEO.
In the last 6 months my stats show that my keywords have been in the Top 3 positions 13 times as reflected in my Rank Math SEO Analytics report (see below). Improving your keywords is the fundamental reason that I attribute to the improved keywords. In the course, I’ll cover many of the techniques that I use to improve Rank Math stats.
One of the best ways (other than improving your keywords) to get improvement for your Domain Authority (DA) score is to get natural backlinks. In one of the lessons I’ll explain how it’s important to write contextual links and in another lesson we’ll be looking at ensuring that you’re using the “right” keywords. Knowing how to use the right keywords is where you can get the most improvement in your traffic so that you can get results.
As I continue to hone my SEO craft, I’ll be trying to provide you some of the same things that Create and Go does in their SEO Blueprint course.
I don’t know what they have written in their course, because as I mentioned earlier, I haven’t taken it. I have taken one of their other courses (the Pinterest Traffic Avalanche Course) and I was able to benefit slightly from that course.
Looking at their curriculum I noticed that many of their subjects with the exception of the Ahrefs Training there was a lot of similarity to many posts that I’ve already written about.
3 Important Discoveries About SEO
1. A lot of people cheat at SEO.
I want you to not make some of the mistakes that I’ve already made.
If you cheat at SEO, you’ll be discovered by the Google and it’s hard to recover. I’ll provide you with white-hat SEO methods to get to the top.
2. It’s not hard, it takes time to optimize your blog for SEO.
SEO requires continuity and looking after the little things. Once you start tackling those little things, you’ll notice an improvement in your SEO.
- SEO is full of technical jargon.
There’s a lot of technical jargon on how to fix your SEO that’s way over my head. A principal reason that more than likely I’ll soon take the SEO Blueprint for Bloggers Course is that I don’t know how to fix the things that SEO tools point out need to be done.
My goal is to have my views tripled. It doesn’t take much to triple when you used to have only 10 pageviews per day. With a current average of 58 pageviews per day I’m aiming to achieve at least 150 pageviews per day within the next six months (August 4th, 2022).
I’m promising myself that if I don’t see a triple-fold improvement in my pageviews by that time that I’ll take the SEO Blueprint for Bloggers Course. In the meantime, I want to see if I can do it on my own.
Another driving factor that is leaning me in the direction of taking the Create and Go SEO course is that they (Alex and Noah) claim that they have learned all there is to know about SEO. I’m nearly there, but I can’t quite boost that same claim because I know my SEO limitations.
As a former student of PTA one of the main benefits I got out of the course was not to get flagged for spam by the Pinterest algorithm. I did get temporarily suspended one time thereafter, but Pinterest sent me an e-mail that they had made a mistake and my account was reactivated.
As I write this blog post, I’m trying to sell you on subscribing to my own SEO free course, but I feel that I’m actually compelling myself to take their SEO course. Why? Because they’ve got a proven track record to get results on their websites.
Man oh man, I can’t believe I’m going down this rabbit hole but I’ve just convinced myself that I’m not going to wait 6 months to take their SEO course for one principal reason! I’ll still provide you with my free SEO course but the one thing that I struggle with on my blog is making money.
To bring “traffic that actually converts and makes money” is the #1 reason that I’m taking the course and along the way I’ll be able to improve my site’s SEO. By taking their course, I should easily be able to reach the goal of 150 pageviews per day (or much more).
I’m pretty stoked right now imagining what type of SEO results I’ll be able to get in the near future by taking their course.
I want to provide you with a side-by-side comparison of what you can expect to see in my course and what is offered in the SEO Blueprint for Bloggers. By doing this you’ll be able to see what you can benefit from my course and what you’ll be able to benefit if you take the more comprehensive course from Create and Go for $197.00. Out of these 18 salient courses please take note that there is only a variance of 7 courses between the two of us. So I hope you’ll be persuaded to take the SEO Hurdle for Bloggers Course.
|Description||SEO Hurdle for Bloggers||SEO Blueprint for Bloggers|
|Choosing a niche to make money.||x|
|Setting up and optimizing your website||x||x|
|Diving deep into the “right” keywords to build traffic||x||x|
|Training with Ahrefs||x|
|Keywords to generate income||x|
|Creating content to rank and make money||x|
|How to do a Site Audit||x||x|
|Optimize your existing content||x||x|
|Building outreach – improving your backlinks||x||x|
|Understanding SEO to its core||x|
|Moving your SEO in the right direction||x|
|The SEO Pyramid||x||x|
|SEO Basics and Terminology||x||x|
|Necessary Pages for your menu||x||x|
|How to write a perfect blog post with Rank Math||x||x|
|Setting Expectations (Goals)||x||x|
Right below is the course curriculum for SEO Blueprint for Bloggers (posted on their website). My titles will be slightly different but so that you can get an idea of what to expect in my free SEO Hurdle for Bloggers course, I’ve bold-faced the topics that you can expect to see in that are available in my course.
- Introduction + Our SEO Journey (4:57)
- New Honest Bloggers Sh*t (40:50)
- Course Structure – The SEO Pyramid (5:50)
- What is SEO + Why is it Different and Important? (7:04)
- Setting Expectations + 80/20 Rule (5:54)
- The Plateau of Latent Potential (4:19)
- The Complete SEO Success Checklist (Checklist)
SEO 101: Building Your Foundation
- Choosing Your Niche (6:28)
- How to Narrow Down Your Niche (8:29)
- Narrow Down with Ahrefs (16:15)
- SEO Basics and Terminology (10:27)
SEO 101: Website Setup
- Necessary Pages (6:19)
- Categorizing Your Content (5:08)
- SSL Setup
- Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Optimizing for Keywords and E-A-T (15:47)
- Using + Installing Rank Math (5:00)
- Improving Page Speed and Performance
SEO 101: Keywords
- What Makes a Good Keyword? (7:11)
- Identifying Keywords That Generate Income (8:43)
- Brainstorming Keywords (12:39)
- Finding Keywords from Affiliates (5:56)
- Using UberSuggest (12:26)
SEO 101: Ahrefs Training
- [Read First] Ahrefs Crash Course Training
- Ahrefs: Why It’s #1 (5:56)
- Ahrefs: Keyword Explorer (14:19)
- Ahrefs: Site Explorer (8:43)
- Ahrefs: Finding your Competitors (7:15)
- Ahrefs: Competitors’ Top Pages (8:02)
- Ahrefs: Competitors’ Top Keywords (7:21)
- Ahrefs: Keywords Strategy (7:07)
- Ahrefs: Keyword Difficulty (7:59)
SEO 101: Blog Content
- Know Your Competition (6:35)
- Different Types of Blog Posts (12:19)
- How to Write a Perfect SEO Blog Post (12:01)
- Writing Great Headlines (15:14)
- Main vs. Additional Keywords (4:05)
- Internal and External Links (16:37)
- Optimizing Images for SEO (7:23)
SEO 101: Ahrefs for Blog Content Calendar
- Ahrefs: Your Content Calendar (22:55)
- Ahrefs: Content Calendar – Trello (30:39)
- Ahrefs: Exporting Keyword Data in Bulk (6:33)
SEO 201: Improving Your Foundation
SEO 201: Outreach
- SEO Outreach + Template (11:40)
- Ahrefs: Finding Outreach Opportunities (11:40)
- How to Find Contact Info for Outreach (5:21)
SEO 201: SEO Mindset
- Gaining Trust and Climbing the Ranks (7:37)
- Creating GREAT Content (16:15)
- HARO Link-Building Strategy
SEO 301: Becoming #1
- Repurposing SEO Content (5:40)
- Using Affiliates to Get Backlinks (9:00)
- Creating Linkable Resources (15:32)
SEO 301: Scaling and Beyond
Bonus Lessons (Six-Figure Blogger)
- Sales Centered Content (9:17)
- The Strategy Behind a Six-Figure Business (9:18)
- Blog Sales Equation Simplified (13:10)
Now that you’ve seen the Course Curriculum for SEO Blueprint for Bloggers, I’d like to introduce you to the SEO Hurdle for Bloggers Course Curriculum that for the very first time is available in Teachable’s online course format.
Course Curriculum for SEO Hurdle for Bloggers Course
Introduction to SEO Hurdle
- How to approach this course
- Prerequisites for the SEO Hurdle Course
- How to get help
- SEO Keyword Research Glossary
- Invite to join PinArtwork Facebook Group
- How to set SEO Goals with the SEO Pyramid
- Ultimate SEO Roadmap Checklist
Building your Foundation
- Choosing Your Niche
- Setting Expectations (Goals)
What exactly is SEO?
- Holistic SEO – What is it?
- SEO Benchmark – where are you at this moment?
Introducing your success to SEO – the Rank Math SEO Plug-in
- What is the Rank Math SEO plug-in?
- How to use the Rank Math SEO plug-in
- Do you need Rank Math SEO premium?
- What is the Yoast SEO plug-in?
- How to use the Yoast SEO plug-in
- Do you need Yoast SEO premium?
- How to write a perfect blog post with Rank Math
Your Website’s Structure
- What is Site Structure
- How to improve your website’s site structure
- Necessary Pages
- Categorizing Your Content
- SSL Setup
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
SEO Keyword Research
- The importance of using a Holistic SEO approach
- How to do Keyword Research for SEO
- How to improve your SEO score with Keyword Research
- Keyword Research Strategy to defining your blog’s mission and USPs
- Keyword Research – How to make Conversions
- Examining Keyword Research to Optimize your website
- The Basics of proven best Keyword Research
- 10,000 and Outreach …
- What Makes a Good Keyword?
Writing SEO Friendly blog posts
- Always write with a plan!
- Edit, edit, edit
Optimizing your Blog posts
- Holistic SEO Wrap Up for new bloggers
- Where should your keywords go?
- Using Rank Math SEO
- Using Yoast: SEO Analysis
- Using Yoast: Readability Analysis
SEO Pillar Content
- Why pillar content is so important for SEO
- How to optimize your cornerstone content with the Yoast SEO plug-in
- How to optimize your pillar content with Rank Math
- Why is your Site Speed so important?
- How to measure and improve your Site Speed
Backlinks to your website
- Why are backlinks so important for SEO?
- How backlinks will improve your Domain Authority
- 20 Ways to improve your Domain Authority Score
- HARO Link-Building Strategy
- What are the four pillars of SEO?
- On-Page SEO
- Off-Page SEO
- Technical SEO
- Content SEO
Why do you need to know about E.A.T.?
- Why should you care about E.A.T.?
Note: I realize that not everyone is going to want to use Rank Math as their go to plug-in that’s why I’ve left the Yoast SEO lessons within the course.