Last Updated on June 14, 2021 by scottkandh
My Free Blogging Mini-Course helps new or intermediate bloggers learn the many facets associated with setting up a Blog and/or Pinterest so that they can start, grow, or Monetize their blog.
Take my 5-part Free Blogging Mini-Course and you can pick up wherever you are in your blogging journey, whether it’s starting a blog, growing your blog, monetizing it, marketing with Pinterest, or checklists for “new” (and intermediate bloggers) to get you started sooner.
You’ll learn how to start blogging with the 7-day Blog Launch Checklist. The lessons in the Starting your Blog section will augment your progress and provide more information on a variety of topics that new bloggers commonly ask about.
What You’ll Learn
I’ve designed the course so that you can open the 7-day Blog Checklist which provides step-by-step instructions. The different sections are laid out like Blogging for Dummies where you can quickly look at the lesson that interests you the most and jump right in.
Here’s what you can expect from the course …
Welcome / Introduction
One of the best ways to progress through this course is by first taking the 7-day Blog Launch Checklist in the 1st section called: Checklists for “new” bloggers. That will provide you with step-by-step instructions to start your blog. The other lessons in Starting your blog are there to provide help and elaborate more on commonly asked questions by new bloggers. If you’ve already got a blog, you can jump straight to growing your blog. And if your blog is pretty much set up but you haven’t started profiting from it yet, move to the final blogging phase of monetizing your blog.
- Introduction and Disclaimer
- Determining your niche (in progress)
Checklists for “new” bloggers
This is the starting point in the course (Free Blogging Mini-Course) by reading the 7-day Blog Launch Checklist. That one checklist by itself will launch your blog in 7 days. The other lessons in the section Starting your Blog are commonly asked questions by new bloggers.
Start your blogging journey in the course by opening the 7-Day Blog Launch Checklist. That lesson by itself will provide you with step-by-step instructions to launch your blog within 7 days. The remaining checklist items are great tools to have for “new” bloggers as you learn the tools of blogging and Pinterest.
- 7-day Blog Launch Checklist
- Blog Growth Weekly Plan
- Blog Growth Yearly Plan
- Blog Post Checklist
- Blog Growth Monthly Plan
- Pinterest Checklist Tips
Starting your Blog
I commonly see posts that someone wants to start a blog and has been thinking about it. If this pertains to you, take action now by taking this free course. The only requirement to take this Free course is to subscribe to my blog and when I write new posts, they’ll be delivered straight to your inbox and you can unsubscribe at any time.
- How to start a blog on WordPress (Domain)
- How to start a blog from scratch (with WordPress)
- Blog Foundation points
- Free Stock Image websites
- Setting up your Blog’s e-mail and forwarding your e-mails
- Recommended “minimum” Plug-ins
- Resources for “new” bloggers
- Pages to set up on your Blog’s menu
- Introduction to Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Growing your Blog
The next phase in blogging is to let people know that your blog exists. In this part of the lesson of the Free Blogging Mini-Course, you’ll be provided with the strategies, tips, and suggestions to market and promote your blog. I started my blogging journey by using Pinterest which is one of the best ways to market your blog and thus has an entire section devoted to Pinterest.
- E-mail Marketing
- Blogging DIY E-Courses
- Increase your Blog Web Traffic
- Freebies and Printables (Landing Page)
- Keyword Bank Cheat Sheet and Pinterest daily habits
- Marketing Plan – 4 Components
- 40 Awesome Blogs to help with How to Grow your Blog
- Brainstorm better headlines with Headline Analyzer
Monetizing your Blog
The last phase in blogging is to monetize your blog. I’ve only been blogging for 10 ½ months. So I’m early in the point where most bloggers profit from their blog (which is anywhere from a year to 5 years. But hey, you never know what’s going to resonate with people and it varies from blog to blog if they’re making money or not which largely depends on you. In this part of the lesson of the Free Blogging Mini-Course, you’ll be provided with the strategies, tips, and suggestions to monetize your blog. If you don’t have digital products or physical products to sell, there’s the avenue of affiliate marketing. Which you’ll learn more about in the course.
- Affiliate Marketing
- Recommended Courses to Monetize
- 10 Sites to help you become an expert at how to Monetize your Blog
This is my favorite topic and why I got started to blog in the first place after I fell in love with Pinterest. I had always wanted a place that I could look at my favorite Norman Rockwell paintings and Pinterest easily fit that bill for me. And there was so much more in the Pinterest platform that many people come there to find new ideas (such as when I was trying to build a new deck). By now I hope you’ve seen enough that you’ll want to enroll in the Free Blogging Mini-Course.
- Top 10 Things you need to know about Pinterest
- Pinterest / Blogging Checklist
- Pinterest Group Boards
- Really superb pinning usage = Powerful Pinterest SEO
- SEO for Pinterest (Keyword Bank)
- Pinterest Templates and pins
- Boosting Pinterest Impressions
- First things to set up on Pinterest
- Suggested Pinning Strategies
- Anatomy of a perfect pin
- Seasonal Planning @ a glance for Pinterest