Last Updated on September 27, 2021 by scottkandh
I’m so excited, this is really cool. After a lot of time and trouble, I finally found a very easy way that will pull information from my Pinterest Board and pull it into the website with very little effort on your part.
NOTE: The title of the post should have been called: How to “embed” a Pinterest Board. Because two months later after writing this post I discovered I didn’t have a post that described how to add a Pinterest Board. That’s been rectified. Go to the bottom of the post (of the hyperlink below) for:
As Biz Mavens pointed out:
“You already know I’m a huge fan of WordPress – and if you’re a self-hosted WordPress blogger, you have lots of tools at your disposal to run a well-oiled Pinterest campaign. Forget manually adding buttons to your posts.”
Personally, none of the plug-ins or widgets that I tried for Pinterest have really amounted to anything and didn’t provide any results. But then when I was hunting and pecking I found that there is a really easy way to embed the Pinterest Board in your blog. So here’s my step by step instructions:
- In WordPress, click on the add block column (the little + sign with a circle).
- Go to the Embed option (see below).
3. Select Pinterest. Then type in the link to your board (in my example, it’s https://www.pinterest.com/scottcharleboix/boards/)
4. I’m nearly there, within a short amount of time, it worked one moment and didn’t work the next. So I’ll keep trying until this works again the way that it’s supposed to function. So frustrating that this isn’t doing what I’m hoping it’ll do. Especially since I saw it work one other time. Go figure.
5. This part is really important, otherwise it won’t work. Believe it or not, the code is really fussy. I was missing a / at the end of my URL. So when I typed https://www.pinterest.com/scottcharleboix/ it works. WAHOO!
6. Things that make you want to scratch your head and wonder. Just a few moments ago, my board was clearly visible and now it’s not. Now I can’t embed any pins from any of the boards. This one is going to keep me up at night. Back to the old drawing board. Since this didn’t pan out the way that I want. I’ll have to find a widget or plug-in that’ll do the trick.