Last Updated on June 19, 2021 by scottkandh
What is Blogtober?
Blogtober is an annual event for bloggers.
It’s a blogging event held in the month of every October where participating bloggers blog every day the entire month! Yes, every day!
The Blogtober Challenge from last year (2020) brought me so much traffic that it has become my number #1 Pinterest Board with over 1,421,000 Pinterest Impressions. And to this day I still get traffic from those old posts.
Read that again, by participating in a Blogtober Challenge you’re going to increase the likelihood of bringing even more traffic to your blog. So what are you waiting for (if you’re a blogger)? Get out a piece of paper and start jotting down some ideas or if you prefer, copy my list of Blogtober Posts below, copy and paste it into your WordPress, change the titles, and update the links. Last year it took me forever to come up with a laundry list of items, this year I was able to knock out my list in less than an hour.
As I mentioned last year, I’m going to add an index of fellow bloggers who are doing Blogtober (right from the get-go). There weren’t a lot of bloggers participating in a challenge called BlogNovPost. But I’m venturing to guess a lot more bloggers participate in this annual blogging event.
Bloggers taking the Blogtober 2021 challenge.
When you’re done with the Blogtober Challenge 2021, on or about November 1st, I’ll be making a Certified completed badge for you to post on your blog. Gotta use the honor system on that one. See the samples from last year that you can add your URL. I won’t be making the other 20 pins until after the challenge is complete. Last year I didn’t know how to share Canva pins, so I’ll ensure that this year you’ll be able to share all of the Blogtober Challenge pins once they are ready (no subscription required). My gift to you for participating in the Blogtober Challenge to grow your blog’s traffic.
2020 Sample Completed Badge
Attention fellow Blogtober Challenge 2021 Bloggers. Here’s a chance to show off your Blogtober Challenge 2021 Completed Badge (new ones not available until after 1 Nov 2021). There are 20 Templates for you to use on your blog and show off that you’ve completed the Blogtober Challenge for 2021.
The remaining badges are at the bottom of this post.
Blog every day for the entire month! Yes, every day.
Why should you participate in Blogtober?
Get creative. Get out of your niche for an entire month and have fun writing about all of the other topics you haven’t been able to fit into your blog.
A chance to add some great content to your blog for prosperity. This will be my second time doing Blogtober.
Guest Post Opportunities
If you have anything you want to see posted on for Blogtober let me know and be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss a single post!
Perhaps you’d like to have a guest post. Don’t worry about the pictures, I’ll handle that end.
1. Send me your guest post (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2. I’ll liven it up with some pictures and a backlink to your site.
Visit my Guest Post Policy Page for instructions
I am looking forward to posting new content for you each and every day!
Here are some tips to succeed at Blogtober
- Write out your blog ideas, do your research, and knock out “writing” your posts in one day.
- You can publish your post and add pictures on the days that you need to write your one post.
- Do as much as you can in one sitting, write several posts at once if possible, and schedule them out so you have at least one post per day.
- A good research topic to use is Pinterest, but it’s not the only one.
- Venture out of your comfort zone, explore new galaxies, boldly go where no man has gone before!
- Have fun!
Blogtober Posts 2021 Schedule
October 1st – What is Blogtober? (this post!) Blogtober Challenge 2021
Oct 2 – Blogtober Day 2 – Bedroom ideas
Oct 3 – Blogtober Day 3 – Favorite decks
Oct 4 – Blogtober Day 4 – Beaches
Oct 5 – Blogtober Day 5 – Whales
Oct 6 – Blogtober Day 6 – Favorite places I’d like to visit
Oct 7 – Blogtober Day 7 – Goal Planning pins
Oct 8 – Blogtober Day 8 – October Wallpaper
Oct 9 – Blogtober Day 9 – Halloween (Fall) porches
Oct 10 – Blogtober Day 10 – Floating Candle Centerpieces
Oct 11 – Blogtober Day 11 – Harry Potter Decorations
Oct 12 – Blogtober Day 12 – Harry Potter Birthday Party Ideas
Oct 13 – Blogtober Day 13 – Thanksgiving Day Decorations
Oct 14 – Blogtober Day 14 – Christmas Quotes
Oct 15 – Blogtober Day 15 – Backyard Decorating
Oct 16 – Blogtober Day 16 – Organizing your Garage Ideas
Oct 17 – Blogtober Day 17 – Penguins
Oct 18 – Blogtober Day 18 – Polar Bears
Oct 19 – Blogtober Day 19 – Planners
Oct 20 – Blogtober Day 20 – Health and Fitness
Oct 21 – Blogtober Day 21 – Goals for 2022 (New Year’s goals)
Oct 22 – Blogtober Day 22 – Favorite Affiliate Link pins
Oct 23 – Blogtober Day 23 – Top 20 How to Grow your Blog’s Traffic pins
Oct 24 – Blogtober Day 24 – Top 50 Motivational and Inspirational pins
Oct 25 – Blogtober Day 25 – Top 20 Tailwind pins
Oct 26 – Blogtober Day 26 – Top 20 Pinterest Marketing Tips pins
Oct 27 – Blogtober Day 27 – Top 20 E-mail Marketing Tips pins
Oct 28 – Blogtober Day 28 – Top 50 Freebie Offers
Oct 29 – Blogtober Day 29 – Top 20 Blogging Tips for Beginners pins
Oct 30 – Blogtober Day 30 – Top 20 Blog Content Planning Tips pins
Oct 31 – Blogtober Day 31 – Top 20 Pinterest Impression pins
(this is a tentative list, the actual titles may slightly vary)
Coming up with topics
I know that the idea of doing a whole-month blogging event is scary and daunting. The hard part won’t be the writing, it’ll be coming up with the 31 blogging post ideas.
To come up with blog post ideas, look at my Pinterest page listed below naturally called Blogtober, or visit the Pinterest board called Blogmas for more ideas. Blogmas is another blogging challenge leading up with one blog every day starting on the 1st of December leading up until Christmas.
Bear in mind that your Blogtober posts don’t have to be autumn themed.
However, do remember that this would be a great way for you to add seasonal content to your blog, so consider writing an occasional fall post to drive a lot of traffic your way when everyone is going to be looking this time of year for that type of material. The bottom line is you can blog about whatever you feel like, it’s your blog.
Bloggers! If you’re planning to do this Blogtober Challenge please drop me a message and be sure to mention your Blog’s name and URL so that we can share the wealth and let people know what other bloggers are going to be participating in this annual blogging event.
How to make the most out of Pinterest?
Check out these highly-recommended Pinterest tools
and resources and other blog posts.
- 300+ Motivational Quotes to help achieve your goals
- 100+ Faith Quotes about the power of prayer
- 20 Recommended Free Stock image websites for your blog
- How to triple your Pinterest Impressions
- 11 Online Course platforms to build your own online course
- 50 Pins to inspire creating your own Awesome “Viral” Pins
- How to look at the Effectiveness of your SEO
- How to set up your WordPress Blog from scratch
- A Pinterest Online Course for new bloggers to show you how to set up a blog, grow it, and use Pinterest the right way.
- SEO Checklist items for WordPress Blogs – my number #1 Blog Post. NOTE: But this blog post is quickly catching up to it and might surpass it.
- Top 10 Questions everyone working with Pinterest should know how to answer
- New bloggers: Be sure to check out: “How to generate marketing for your blog.” Because having a marketing plan for Pinterest and your Blog allows you to concentrate on the four main elements of a marketing plan:
- Why you need to use Canva for creating Pinterest pins.
- Blogmas Day 1: Favorite Christmas Movies
- Blogmas Day 8 – Favorite Christmas song