Blogtober Day 6 – Top 10 Norman Rockwell Paintings
Last Updated on November 21, 2020 by scottkandh
These are my Top 10 favorite paintings from the artist Norman Rockwell mostly from the Saturday Evening Post. The art of Norman Rockwell has been a long time favorite of mine. Another favorite artist is the Jack Vettriano paintings.
Here’s an overview of each of the paintings (in the images below).
- The family is going for an outing. It’s interesting to note that Grandma sitting in the back seat, never changes her expression. The boy and his dog have been worn out. His little sister still has a little life left in her as you can tell by the size of her now smaller gum bubble.
- A younger lady looks at a portrait hanging on a wall to see how she compares to the fashion of the day. Her broomstick suffices as her cane and we can’t see the picture of what I guess would be a Great Dane or some other kind of regal dog but we see a small puppy. Also, instead of an ornate piece of jewelry hanging around her neck, it looks like she has borrowed her Dad’s stopwatch to use in its place.
- It’s Jury Duty as we can tell by the sign to the right that says Jury Room (and they’re in the Jury Room). It’s obvious that one person hasn’t changed their mind and the other guys are trying to persuade her decision. Even Normal Rockwell gets in the picture as he’s the guy right behind her.
- It’s Christmas as evident by the mistletoe centered over their head. Both of them are joyful for the gifts that they’ve exchanged with one another. For him, it’s a pen and for her, it’s a pen set.
- The little girls is trying to get all of the other two guys marbles and she’s down to the last marble, Winner takes all, as they look on with worried looks on their face and she’s concentrating with all her effort to make that last shot count.
- If you’ve played the telephone game, this picture might have been the inspiration for the game as a message is passed on from one person to another and gets construed along the way.
- A self-portrait of the master himself and another. What a genius.
- The boys are running “away” from the swimming hole where there’s a prominent sign, “no swimming.” Better luck next time guys.
- Not too many clues in this picture, other than we know that the little boy is a baseball player getting a pair of glasses from his eye doctor.
- Three umpires are deciding whether or not to call off a game due to rain. For all intents, it looks like the game has been called off as we can see one of the gentlemen to the far right pointing up to the bad skies.
Now it’s your turn, please tell me what’s your favorite Norman Rockwell painting? If possible, please provide the link to it. Thank you.
Here are some other links that you might want to visit on my website: