Last Updated on December 4, 2021 by scottkandh
These are my Top 10 favorite paintings from the artist Norman Rockwell mostly from the Saturday Evening Post. The art of Norman Rockwell has been a long time favorite of mine. Another favorite artist is the Jack Vettriano paintings.
If you like this post, please be sure to check out my other post called: Norman Rockwell Paintings – in the Saturday Evening Post 1916 – 1971
Here’s an overview of each of the paintings (in the images below).
Top 10 Norman Rockwell Paintings
- The family is going for an outing. It’s interesting to note that Grandma sitting in the back seat, never changes her expression. The boy and his dog have been worn out. His little sister still has a little life left in her as you can tell by the size of her now smaller gum bubble.
- A younger lady looks at a portrait hanging on a wall to see how she compares to the fashion of the day. Her broomstick suffices as her cane and we can’t see the picture of what I guess would be a Great Dane or some other kind of regal dog but we see a small puppy. Also, instead of an ornate piece of jewelry hanging around her neck, it looks like she has borrowed her Dad’s stopwatch to use in its place.
- It’s Jury Duty as we can tell by the sign to the right that says Jury Room (and they’re in the Jury Room). It’s obvious that one person hasn’t changed their mind and the other guys are trying to persuade her decision. Even Normal Rockwell gets in the picture as he’s the guy right behind her.
- It’s Christmas as evident by the mistletoe centered over their head. Both of them are joyful for the gifts that they’ve exchanged with one another. For him, it’s a pen and for her, it’s a pen set.
- The little girls is trying to get all of the other two guys marbles and she’s down to the last marble, Winner takes all, as they look on with worried looks on their face and she’s concentrating with all her effort to make that last shot count.
- If you’ve played the telephone game, this picture might have been the inspiration for the game as a message is passed on from one person to another and gets construed along the way.
- A self-portrait of the master himself and another. What a genius.
- The boys are running “away” from the swimming hole where there’s a prominent sign, “no swimming.” Better luck next time guys.
- Not too many clues in this picture, other than we know that the little boy is a baseball player getting a pair of glasses from his eye doctor.
- Three umpires are deciding whether or not to call off a game due to rain. For all intents, it looks like the game has been called off as we can see one of the gentlemen to the far right pointing up to the bad skies.
Now it’s your turn, please tell me what’s your favorite Norman Rockwell painting? If possible, please provide the link to it. Thank you.
How to make the most out of Pinterest?
Check out these highly-recommended Pinterest tools
and resources and other blog posts.
- 300+ Motivational Quotes to help achieve your goals
- 100+ Faith Quotes about the power of prayer
- How to triple your Pinterest Impressions
- 11 Online Course platforms to build your own online course
- 50 Pins to inspire creating your own Awesome “Viral” Pins
- How to look at the Effectiveness of your SEO
- How to set up your WordPress Blog from scratch
- A Pinterest Online Course for new bloggers to show you how to set up a blog, grow it, and use Pinterest the right way. For the first four subscribers to my blog, you’ll get emailed a promo code to take the course for Free (normally costing $30).
- SEO Checklist items for WordPress Blogs – my number #1 Blog Post. NOTE: But this blog post is quickly catching up to it and might surpass it.
- Top 10 Questions everyone working with Pinterest should know how to answer
- New bloggers: Be sure to check out: “How to generate marketing for your blog.” Because having a marketing plan for Pinterest and your Blog allows you to concentrate on the four main elements of a marketing plan:
- Why you need to use Canva for creating Pinterest pins.
- Blogmas Day 1: Favorite Christmas Movies
- Blogmas Day 8 – Favorite Christmas song
October 1st – What is Blogtober? Blogtober Challenge 2020
Oct 2 – Day 2 – Halloween Movies Bucket List
Oct 3 – Day 3 – Top 20 Lighthouse Photos
Oct 4 – Day 4 – Fall Colors in the State of Wisconsin
Oct 5 – Day 5 – Top 10 Favorite Cartoon shows as a kid
Oct 7 – Day 7 – Top 10 Jack Vetrianno Paintings
Oct 8 – Day 8 – Top 10 Favorite Time Travel Movies
Oct 9 – Day 9 – Top 10 Big Bang Theory Favorite Episodes
Oct 10 – Day 10 – Favorite Big Bang Theory Character
Oct 11 – Day 11 – Top 5 Reality TV Shows
Oct 12 – Day 12 – Top 10 Favorite Television Shows as a kid
Oct 13 – Day 13 – 15 Pinterest Boards = 1,178 Group Boards
Oct 14 – Day 14 – Top 10 DC Super Heroes
Oct 15 – Day 15 – Top 10 Marvel Super Heroes
Oct 16 – Day 16 – Top 20 Great Images from around Pinterest
Oct 17 – Day 17 – Meow! Cats Only
Oct 18 – Day 18 – Favorite Funniest Moment that makes me laugh
Oct 19 – Day 19 – Mary Ann or Ginger?
Oct 20 – Day 20 – Favorite Place I ever visited Cairo Egypt
Oct 21 – Day 21 – Top 50 Greatest Movies
Oct 22 – Day 22 – Thomas Kinkade Paintings – The Painter of Light
Oct 23 – Day 23 – Top 10 Favorite Faith pins
Oct 24 – Day 24 – Top 10 Favorite Chess pins
Oct 25 – Day 25 – Top 20 Favorite “Viral” pins from Pinterest
Oct 26 – Day 26 – Top 20 “Creative” photos from Pinterest
Oct 27 – Day 27 – 50 Free Tips and Tricks for Bloggers
Oct 28 – Day 28 – Top 50 Best and Funniest Coffee cup pins
Oct 29 – Day 29 – Top 20 Ways to manage your money
Oct 30 – Day 30 – Top 40 Fall Decor pins for the upcoming Holidays
Oct 31 – Day 31 – Happy Halloween
Also please check out these other Norman Rockwell posts: