Last Updated on January 26, 2021 by scottkandh
What is Blogtober?
Blogtober is an annual event for bloggers.
It’s a blogging event held in the month of every October where participating bloggers blog every day the entire month! Yes, every day!
Update (10/21/2020): I’ve made it through 21 days of straight blogging for the Blogtober Challenge 2020. I’m kind of looking forward to it because I didn’t realize how time-consuming it was going to be. More than likely I’m going to do it again next year. For next year (2021), I’m going to add an index of fellow bloggers who are doing Blogtober (right from the get-go). I didn’t get any comments sent to me on fellow bloggers who are partaking in the event so I’ll go looking for them and provide a link to their Blogtober page.
Something along the lines of Bloggers taking the Blogtober 2021 challenge.
Attention fellow Blogtober Challenge 2020 Bloggers. Here’s a chance to show off your Blogtober Challenge 2020 Completed Badge. There are 20 Templates for you to use on your blog and show off that you’ve completed the Blogtober Challenge for 2020. I will gladly share the code to access these Blogtober Templates after you’ve subscribed to my blog. Simply type in your first name and be sure to include “Badge” after your first name (i.e. Scott – Badge). Turn your badge on the left into this on the right.
The remaining badges are at the bottom of this post.
Blog every day for the entire month! Yes, every day.
Why should you participate in Blogtober?
Get creative. Get out of your niche for an entire month and have fun writing about all of the other topics you haven’t been able to fit into your blog.
A chance to add some great content to your blog for prosperity. This will be my first time doing Blogtober and I’m excited about writing blogs that are outside of my niche. I’ve done a similar challenge called 30-Day Blog Challenge so I know that I can do this again.
Guest Post Opportunities
If you have anything you want to see posted on for Blogtober let me know and be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss a single post!
Perhaps you’d like to have a guest post. Don’t worry about the pictures, I’ll handle that end.
1. Subscribe to my blog (no posts, unless you’ve subscribed)!
2. Send me your guest post (email@example.com).
3. I’ll liven it up with some pictures and a backlink to your site.
I am looking forward to posting new content for you each and every day!
Here are some tips to succeed at Blogtober
- Write out your blog ideas, do your research, and knock out “writing” your posts in one day.
- You can publish your post and add pictures on the days that you need to write your one post.
- Do as much as you can in one sitting, write several posts at once if possible, and schedule them out so you have at least one post per day.
- A good research topic to use is Pinterest, but it’s not the only one.
- Venture out of your comfort zone, explore new galaxies, boldly go where no man has gone before!
- Have fun!
October 1st – What is Blogtober? (this post!) Blogtober Challenge 2020
Oct 2 – Blogtober Day 2 – Halloween Movies Bucket List
Oct 3 – Blogtober Day 3 – Top 20 Lighthouse Photos
Oct 4 – Blogtober Day 4 – Fall Colors in the State of Wisconsin
Oct 5 – Blogtober Day 5 – Top 10 Favorite Cartoon shows as a kid
Oct 6 – Blogtober Day 6 – Top 10 Norman Rockwell Paintings
Oct 7 – Blogtober Day 7 – Top 10 Jack Vetrianno Paintings
Oct 8 – Blogtober Day 8 – Top 10 Favorite Time Travel Movies
Oct 9 – Blogtober Day 9 – Top 10 Big Bang Theory Favorite Episodes
Oct 10 – Blogtober Day 10 – Favorite Big Bang Theory Character
Oct 11 – Blogtober Day 11 – Top 5 Reality TV Shows
Oct 12 – Blogtober Day 12 – Top 10 Favorite Television Shows as a kid
Oct 13 – Blogtober Day 13 – 15 Pinterest Boards = 1,178 Group Boards – Sneak Peek – published early for you to enjoy! Happy Pinning.
Oct 14 – Blogtober Day 14 – Top 10 DC Super Heroes
Oct 15 – Blogtober Day 15 – Top 10 Marvel Super Heroes
Oct 16 – Blogtober Day 16 – Top 20 Great Images from around Pinterest
Oct 17 – Blogtober Day 17 – Meow! Cats Only
Oct 18 – Blogtober Day 18 – Favorite Funniest Moment that makes me laugh
Oct 19 – Blogtober Day 19 – Mary Ann or Ginger?
Oct 20 – Blogtober Day 20 – Favorite Place I ever visited Cairo Egypt
Oct 21 – Blogtober Day 21 – Top 50 Greatest Movies
Oct 22 – Blogtober Day 22 – Thomas Kinkade Paintings – The Painter of Light
Oct 23 – Blogtober Day 23 – Top 10 Favorite Faith pins
Oct 24 – Blogtober Day 24 – Top 10 Favorite Chess pins
Oct 25 – Blogtober Day 25 – Top 20 Favorite “Viral” pins from Pinterest
Oct 26 – Blogtober Day 26 – Top 20 “Creative” photos from Pinterest
Oct 27 – Blogtober Day 27 – 50 Free Tips and Tricks for Bloggers
Oct 28 – Blogtober Day 28 – Top 50 Best and Funniest Coffee cup pins
Oct 29 – Blogtober Day 29 – Top 20 Ways to manage your money
Oct 30 – Blogtober Day 30 – Top 40 Fall Decor pins for the upcoming Holidays
Oct 31 – Blogtober Day 31 – Happy Halloween
Oct 31st – Whew! It’s over. Doing this has been a lot of fun and kept me busy. If you’ve enjoyed this, I’m contemplating doing a similar challenge for the month of November. I think it’s called November Blog Post or NoBlPo or something like that. I’ll update the actual name and make a link to that page from here so it’s easier for you to find. The hard part is going to be coming up with a variety of 31 different posts that I haven’t already published.
Coming up with topics
I know that the idea of doing a whole-month blogging event is scary and daunting. The hard part won’t be the writing, it’ll be coming up with the 31 blogging post ideas.
To come up with blog post ideas, look at my Pinterest page listed below naturally called Blogtober.
Bear in mind that your Blogtober posts don’t have to be autumn themed.
However, do remember that this would be a great way for you to add seasonal content to your blog, so consider writing an occasional fall post to drive a lot of traffic your way when everyone is going to be looking this time of year for that type of material. The bottom line is you can blog about whatever you feel like, it’s your blog.
Bloggers! If you’re planning to do this Blogtober Challenge please drop me a message and be sure to mention your Blog’s name and URL so that we can share the wealth and let people know what other bloggers are going to be participating in this annual blogging event.
Reminder: I will gladly share the code to access these Blogtober Templates after you’ve subscribed to my blog. Simply type in your first name and be sure to include “Badge” after your first name (i.e. Scott – Badge).
How to make the most out of Pinterest?
Check out these highly-recommended Pinterest tools
and resources and other blog posts.
- 300+ Motivational Quotes to help achieve your goals
- 100+ Faith Quotes about the power of prayer
- 20 Recommended Free Stock image websites for your blog
- How to triple your Pinterest Impressions
- 11 Online Course platforms to build your own online course
- 50 Pins to inspire creating your own Awesome “Viral” Pins
- How to look at the Effectiveness of your SEO
- How to set up your WordPress Blog from scratch
- A Pinterest Online Course for new bloggers to show you how to set up a blog, grow it, and use Pinterest the right way. For the first four subscribers to my blog, you’ll get emailed a promo code to take the course for Free (normally costing $30).
- SEO Checklist items for WordPress Blogs – my number #1 Blog Post. NOTE: But this blog post is quickly catching up to it and might surpass it.
- Top 10 Questions everyone working with Pinterest should know how to answer
- New bloggers: Be sure to check out: “How to generate marketing for your blog.” Because having a marketing plan for Pinterest and your Blog allows you to concentrate on the four main elements of a marketing plan:
- Why you need to use Canva for creating Pinterest pins.
- Blogmas Day 1: Favorite Christmas Movies
- Blogmas Day 8 – Favorite Christmas song