Last Updated on January 6, 2022 by Scott Charleboix
What is Blogmas
In this post, 50 Ideas for a Blogmas 2020 Challenge, Blogmas and December is right around the corner. This will be my first time participating in a Blogmas event. From what I understand, in December, it’s fairly common for many bloggers to participate in “Blogmas” throughout the month until Christmas arrives. This is an opportunity for many new bloggers to build your traffic so here’s a big laundry list of items for you to consider.
I highly suggest that you make one post for your Blogmas introduction that you can put all of your scheduled Blogmas posts on that post and update it after it’s published.
There’s nothing to prevent you from writing your posts ahead of time and then you can schedule them to run early in the morning or later if you prefer to make a last-minute edit.
I did Blogtober and it was a lot of fun. By participating in Blogmas you’re able to write some posts that are outside of your niche to bring considerable traffic to your blog and more importantly some good content.
Here’s an alternative if you don’t think that your cut out for the full 25 days – a lighter version of Blogmas called the 2020 Blogmas Lite edition – it’s only 12 days of Christmas so it begins on 13 December.
What sort of posts should you do during Blogmas? Anything that you want. Any niche. But keep in mind that during the Holiday season a Christmas niche (during this posting period of Blogmas) might be greatly beneficial because Christmas stuff is trendy during the holidays.
If you take your “particular” niche and tie it to what your readers are going to be looking for, then you’ll have your Blogmas list!
Themes or topics in general that you can generate content ideas around:
- Content for Christmas – books, podcasts, Netflix, movies
- Gift ideas for him…, her… or Grandma and Grandpa
- Budgeting … travel… gifts… food
- Decor and Decorations
- Food and Drink
- Traveling tips
- Guest/expert posts on your niche
- Favorite lists … books… beauty… blogs
Pros and Cons of Blogmas
- Blog traffic! It’s what we all want after all
- Get new subscribers
- Reach a new audience… you might find a network of folks who are loving your new content
- Content! You’ve literally got content for days! Just make it good!
- Getting likes and comments- people are generally happy and generous during the holiday season!
- Spending December planning and writing every single day! … unless… you plan ahead and begin now and schedule for later.
- Not seeing traffic or rankings till Google indexes you until after the next holiday season
- Boring your audience with mindless content
- 10 things you’re grateful for this year
- 2021 bucket list
- 5 places you want to visit this Winter
- A day in the life – got a special day planned? Document the day and do a festive version of that day.
- A list of your favorite books set at Christmas
- A photo documented blog post of a Wintery day out
- A recipe using oranges, cranberries and cinnamon
- A story about your favorite Christmas a child
- Blogmas post ideas – help out fellow bloggers and create a list of post ideas others can use for Blogmas.
- Blogmas recommendations – found some could posts from fellow bloggers during Blogmas? Share your favorite posts from others in a list.
- Christmas candles review – go ahead and review some of your favorites.
- Christmas craft projects – if you make your own cards or get artsy with your gift wrap, share your talents.
- Christmas Day make-up look
- Christmas decorations – share how you decorate from your tree to ornaments with a special meaning behind them.
- Christmas jumper day – crack out your best Christmas sweater and do a festive style post for Christmas jumper day.
- Christmas money-saving tips
- Christmas on a budget – savvy with your finances? Let people know how to have a good Christmas on a budget.
- Christmas product reviews – from Lush’s epic Christmas collection to a wide range of gift sets there are so many new products out at Christmas so review a few of them!
- Christmas tag questions – tags are always a fun way to show off a bit more about the person behind the blog so treat readers to a festive behind the scenes look at who runs the blog.
- Cocktail recipes – with parties and gatherings galore throughout December a good range of cocktail recipes would help people out during party season.
- DIY: Homemade Christmas decorations
- Favorite clothing items to wear in Winter
- Festive book recommendations – do you have some Christmas reads that you enjoy? Share a festive book list.
- Festive date ideas – Christmas is the perfect time for a cozy and romantic date, give people some inspiration of what they could do.
- Festive makeup looks – if you’re a whiz with a makeup brush create some tutorials for festive party looks.
- Festive nail art – if you’re passionate about nail art create a few looks for different Christmas events and talk people through how they can recreate them.
- Festive recipes – tis’ the season to indulge so share your favorite Christmas recipes with your readers.
- Got some Christmas Pajamas that you like, show them off.
- Reasons why you love Christmas / Winter
- Reflecting on the past year – take a look back at your year, pick out some favorite moments and set goals for the new year.
- The best Christmas market recommendations – who doesn’t love visiting a Christmas market? Share your recommendations on your blog.
- Things to do when it’s too cold to go outside
- What you bought your partner / parents / kids for their Christmas haul
- What you got for your Christmas haul
- What you would buy your family for Christmas if you won the lottery
- Winter bucket list
- Winter getaways – some people dream of getting away over Christmas, others are looking to experience Christmas in a different country. Share your winter escape recommendations.
- Winter skincare – skin takes a bit of a beating in winter if you’ve got a great routine to save skin from the cold, share it.
- Winter wish-list
- Your Christmas favorites – share your favorite things about Christmas – from your favorite song, the best movie or even your favorite Christmas food.
- Your Christmas list – tell people what’s on your Christmas wish list this year. You never know Santa may see it and surprise you!
- Your Christmas traditions – does your family have any traditions around the festive period? Have you created your own traditions since spending Christmas in your own home?
- Your December plans – everyone has a full calendar in December so share what you’ll be getting up to. Publish your proposed list of items so you can stick to a schedule as much as possible.
- Your dream Winter home aesthetic
- Your favorite Christmas films
- Your favorite Christmas dessert recipe
- Your favorite Christmas food
- Your favorite Christmas drink
- Your New Year’s resolutions
- Your Winter to-be-read list
Here’s some more posts that you might want to check out during the Christmas season:
One of my favorite Christmas movies is: It’s a Wonderful Life. Especially the scene when George (played by Jimmy Stewart)…