Last Updated on January 3, 2022 by Scott Charleboix
This blog post, Useful posts for new bloggers is part of a Blogging Basic Series post to highlight several of the posts that I’ve written (posted at the bottom of this post).
#1 Blog post that you shouldn’t miss:
“SEO Checklist items for WordPress blogs.”
Note: Scroll down about 1/4 of the page to see the Blog Posts arranged within their categories. Periodically, I’ll manually update this file to add the most recent posts.
For the purpose of this blog, the Freebies 20 Essential Checklist is provided, and it’ll be used as a literal checklist (for me) to ensure adequate coverage for blogs that still need to be written (i.e. the items not checked). You can download the Freebies 20 Essential Tips checklist by going to my home page, PinArtwork, and subscribing to my email list.
A checklist for developing and maintaining a blog. There are many factors associated with designing your blog and publishing it on the Internet. This checklist will help you in that endeavor. It’s not intended to cover every aspect of blogging, but it encompasses a majority of the items that you will need to research.
“A blog (a truncation of “weblog”) is a discussion or informational website published on the World Wide Web consisting of discrete, often informal diary-style text entries (posts). Posts are typically displayed in reverse chronological order, so that the most recent post appears first, at the top of the web page.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
© PinArtwork – https://PinArtwork.com
All Rights Reserved
“The emergence and growth of blogs in the late 1990s coincided with the advent of web publishing tools that facilitated the posting of content by non-technical users who did not have much experience with HTML or computer programming. Previously, a knowledge of such technologies as HTML and File Transfer Protocol had been required to publish content on the Web, and early Web users therefore tended to be hackers and computer enthusiasts …
Bloggers not only produce content to post on their blogs but also often build social relations with their readers and other bloggers …
Many blogs provide commentary on a particular
subject or topic, ranging from politics to sports.
Others function as more personal online diaries, and others function more as online brand advertising of a particular individual or company. A typical blog combines text, digital images, and links to other blogs, web pages, and other media related to its topic. The ability of readers to leave publicly viewable comments, and interact with other commenters, is an important contribution to the popularity of many blogs. However, blog owners or authors often moderate and filter online comments to remove hate speech or other offensive content. Most blogs are primarily textual, although some focus on art (art blogs), photographs (photoblogs), videos (video blogs or “vlogs”), music (MP3 blogs), and audio (podcasts).”
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
20 Free Essential Tips Checklist
- ☐ Setting up your blogging platform ( a domain)
☐ Bluehost ☒ Blogging Courses – 30 Day Blog Challenge *
Bluehost has free domain name for 1st year and 1-click Word Press
installed * 30 Day Blog Challenge – one of many blogging courses
– highly recommended
- ☐ Plug-ins
☒ All in One SEO * ☒ Yoast Plug-in (pick one of these two
☒ Akismet Anti-Spam * ☐ Constant Contact * ☐ Google
☒ Milo-Tree Pop-up * ☐ PI Button *
* Suggested plug-ins
- ☒ Widgets – Optin Monster (See Lead Magnet) ☐ Testimonial Rotator
- ☒ Commercial e-mail messaging program
5. ☒ Themes – Find the perfect theme for your WordPress website.
Choose from thousands of stunning designs with a wide variety of
features and customization options
6. ☐ Terms to know for WordPress
☐ Header ☐ Publish and Update
☐ Footer ☒ Categories
7. ☒ Knowing the difference between a post (blogs) and a page (constant)
8. ☒ Design a logo and pins (for Pinterest)
9. ☒ Purpose of your blog
☒ Utilize your experience, knowledge, and skills
13. ☒ Branding your blog and your pins (for Pinterest)
☒ Importance of using Pinterest
14. ☐ Social Media
☒ Facebook ☒ Facebook Business page ☒ Facebook Groups
☐ Twitter ☐ Instagram
15. ☒ Tailwind (for Pinterest users)
16. ☒ Pinterest Personal account ☒ Pinterest Business account
Claim your website (instructions)
17. ☒ Search the Internet for Blogging Plans
☒ How to Create a Bangin’ Blog Business workbook – Melyssa Griffin
☒ Blogging Course Workbook – Allison Lindstrom
☒ Ultimate Pinterest Planning Calendar – from Simple Pin Media
18. ☒ Lead Magnet
☒ 63 Point Checklist for Optin form
☒ Optin Monster and ☐ Constant Contact
20. ☒ Forwarding E-mails
Blogs written for PinArtwork (by Main Category)
Here’s a “partial” list of the Blogs I’ve written for PinArtwork. They’re arranged by the main category and alphabetical within each of the categories.
Useful posts for new bloggers
Grow your Blog
|Big Bang Ghostbusters – Big Bang as Ghostbusters||https://pinartwork.com/big-bang-ghostbusters/|
|Blogtober Challenge 2020 – Grow your Blog’s web traffic||One blog every day during the month of October. https://pinartwork.com/blogtober-challenge-2020-grow-your-blogs-web-traffic/|
|Everything I need to know about life I learned from Star Trek –||https://pinartwork.com/everything-i-need-to-know-about-life-i-learned-from-star-trek/|
Monetize your Blog
|11 Online Course platforms to build your own online course.||https://pinartwork.com/11-online-course-platforms-to-build-your-own-online-course/|
|How to make Viral pins for Pinterest to boost your SEO||https://pinartwork.com/how-to-make-good-viral-pins-for-pinterest-and-search-engine-optimization/|
|SMART Goals examples –||https://pinartwork.com/smart-strategy-to-shoot-for-the-stars-with-smart-goals/|
Pinterest (basic information for Pinterest)
SEO Blogging (advanced information for Bloggers)
SEO Pinterest (advanced information for Pinterest users)
Start your Blog
How to make the most out of Pinterest?
Check out these highly-recommended Pinterest tools
and resources and other blog posts.
- 100+ Faith Quotes about the power of prayer
- 300+ Motivational Quotes to help achieve your goals
- Blogtober Day 26 – Top 10 Creative photos from Pinterest
- How to triple your Pinterest Impressions
- 11 Online Course platforms to build your own online course
- Blogtober Day 17 – Meow! Cats only
- Blogtober Day 25 – Top 20 Favorite “Viral” pins from Pinterest
- 50 Pins to inspire creating your own Awesome “Viral” Pins
- How to look at the Effectiveness of your SEO
- How to set up your WordPress Blog from scratch
- A Pinterest Online Course for new bloggers to show you how to set up a blog, grow it, and use Pinterest the right way. For the first four subscribers to my blog, you’ll get emailed a promo code to take the course for Free (normally costing $30).
- SEO Checklist items for WordPress Blogs – my number #1 Blog Post. NOTE: But this blog post is quickly catching up to it and might surpass it.
- Top 10 Questions everyone working with Pinterest should know how to answer
- New bloggers: Be sure to check out: “How to generate marketing for your blog.” Because having a marketing plan for Pinterest and your Blog allows you to concentrate on the four main elements of a marketing plan:
- Why you need to use Canva for creating Pinterest pins.
- Blogmas Day 1: Favorite Christmas Movies
- Blogmas Day 8 – Favorite Christmas song
- 7 Steps for building a Tripwire (“detailed”)
- Creating a new website – adding a new domain
October 1st – What is Blogtober? Blogtober Challenge 2020
Oct 2 – Blogtober Day 2 – Halloween Movies Bucket List
Oct 3 – Blogtober Day 3 – Top 20 Lighthouse Photos
Oct 4 – Blogtober Day 4 – Fall Colors in the State of Wisconsin
Oct 5 – Blogtober Day 5 – Top 10 Favorite Cartoon shows as a kid
Oct 6 – Blogtober Day 6 – Top 10 Norman Rockwell Paintings
Oct 7 – Blogtober Day 7 – Top 10 Jack Vetrianno Paintings
Oct 8 – Blogtober Day 8 – Top 10 Favorite Time Travel Movies
Oct 9 – Blogtober Day 9 – Top 10 Big Bang Theory Favorite Episodes
Oct 10 – Blogtober Day 10 – Favorite Big Bang Theory Character
Oct 11 – Blogtober Day 11 – Top 5 Reality TV Shows
Oct 12 – Blogtober Day 12 – Top 10 Favorite Television Shows as a kid
Oct 13 – Blogtober Day 13 – 15 Pinterest Boards = 1,178 Group Boards – Sneak Peek – published early for you to enjoy! Happy Pinning.
Oct 14 – Blogtober Day 14 – Top 10 DC Super Heroes
Oct 15 – Blogtober Day 15 – Top 10 Marvel Super Heroes
Oct 16 – Blogtober Day 16 – Top 20 Great Images from around Pinterest
Oct 17 – Blogtober Day 17 – Meow! Cats Only
Oct 18 – Blogtober Day 18 – Favorite Funniest Moment that makes me laugh
Oct 19 – Blogtober Day 19 – Mary Ann or Ginger?
Oct 20 – Blogtober Day 20 – Favorite Place I ever visited Cairo Egypt
Oct 21 – Blogtober Day 21 – Top 50 Greatest Movies
Oct 22 – Blogtober Day 22 – Thomas Kinkade Paintings – The Painter of Light
Oct 23 – Blogtober Day 23 – Top 10 Favorite Faith pins
Oct 24 – Blogtober Day 24 – Top 10 Favorite Chess pins
Oct 25 – Blogtober Day 25 – Top 20 Favorite “Viral” pins from Pinterest
Oct 26 – Blogtober Day 26 – Top 20 “Creative” photos from Pinterest
Oct 27 – Blogtober Day 27 – 50 Free Tips and Tricks for Bloggers
Oct 28 – Blogtober Day 28 – Top 50 Best and Funniest Coffee cup pins
Oct 29 – Blogtober Day 29 – Top 20 Ways to manage your money
Oct 30 – Blogtober Day 30 – Top 40 Fall Decor pins for the upcoming Holidays
Oct 31 – Blogtober Day 31 – Happy Halloween
For more information about checklist that might have been missed in this post, please visit The Meticulous Writer’s 12-Point Blogging Checklist.