Last Updated on April 13, 2022 by Scott Charleboix
In this post, you’ll find the best books on Blogging in 2022.
This post contains affiliate links, I’ll make a commission at no extra cost to you
should you click through and make a purchase.
On Saturday evening I went to a see a movie with my nephew and after the movie we stopped at the Barnes and Noble Bookstore on our way home to browse for books. One of my usual stomping grounds is to look at the books in the Technology (computer books) area. To my dismay there are hardly any blogging books located on the shelves that pertain to blogging so I’m on a mission to find the best books to read on blogging for 2022.
As of yet, I haven’t read these books, but I plan on ordering each and every one of these books to add to create my blogging book collection. Thus far, it only consists of a couple of books so I’m looking forward to adding more books to create a Blogging library.
One of the things that really burns me up is that I constantly read about bloggers that are making six-dollar figures and I’m not even topping off the first $100 yet.
I’ve taken several courses that teach different aspects of affiliate marketing, and my blog is getting the clicks but I’m missing an important element because the loop isn’t being closed by the conversion process leading toward a sale.
Most of the courses that I’ve taken provide you with information but as someone who has grown up loving reading books, there’s something so nice about having a book that you can highlight the important items in your book so that you can refer to your notes.
Like many of you my goal is to make money by blogging. In a blog post called How to Start a Successful Blog and Make Money in Your First Month (6 Steps) by Amira from A Self Guru she points out an important aspect
That it’s important to start off on the right foot. A good way to carve the path for a profitable blog and have financial success is by reading books that focus on blogging.
I was contemplating taking a course called the SEO Blueprint for Bloggers from Create and Go that costs a $197.00. But a better investment (for me) than putting money into that course (at this time) would be to invest in some blogging books to speed up the learning curve. And hopefully will immensely turn things around to make our blogs profitable.
Personally, I feel like I’m getting more value out of a book than in a course. I guess the reason for that is that it’s sometimes hard to readily find something in an Online course. But a book allows you to quickly skim to find what you’re looking for.
And what I have found is that books cost considerably less than Online Courses or e-Books (that people are selling on their website).
12 Best books on Blogging in 2022
How to Blog for Profit without Selling your Soul by Ruth Soukup
- The first book I’d like to bring to your attention is How to Blog for Profit without Selling your Soul by Ruth Soukup.
It’s a book for beginner bloggers. A post called Book Review of How to Blog for profit (without selling your soul) said that the book was exceptionally good and allowed her to look at her blog from a brand new perspective with a different lens so that she’d be able to see what could be improved upon.
From the same post (above), here’s a little excerpt that explains the book in a nutshell: “How to Blog for Profit addresses all of the major aspects of blogging: how to spruce up your blog; the importance of a good layout; how to use social media platforms to grow your business; the importance of SEO; how head-bangingly frustrating algorithms can be; the art of networking; etc. This is pretty much the first half of the book” – Book Review of How to Blog for Profit.
ProBlogger – Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income (3rd edition) by Darren Rowse and Chris Garrett
2. The next book is called ProBlogger – Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income (3rd edition) by Darren Rowse and Chris Garrett
If you’ve ever looked at the Top 90 Blogging Tips Blogs and Websites To Follow in 2021 from FeedSpot, Darren Rowse is #1 at the top of the list for his blog, ProBlogger. My usual place for PinArtwork is in the mid-30’s, currently I’m at position #36 (as of March 14th, 2022).
The principal reasons that I would persuade you to get this book is that it’s “written by two of the world’s most successful bloggers, (and) it’s one of the clearest books out there on how to earn an income from your blog.” This is a compelling reason to buy this book.
The other reason to grab this book for your blogging library is that it “tells you exactly how to launch and maintain a blog that makes money.”
Make Money Blogging on WordPress: The Ultimate Guide to a Profitable Blog by Toval Ezeani.
3. I’m trying to have at least a dozen books to add to my Blogging Library collection so the next book is Make Money Blogging on WordPress: The Ultimate Guide to a Profitable Blog by Toval Ezeani.
What makes this book stand out from the rest is the following comment that’s mentioned in the book: “What are the prerequisites for blogging on WordPress profitably?
Blogging For Profit: How To Make Money Blogging About Your Passion by James Darren Scott
4. The next book Blogging For Profit: How To Make Money Blogging About Your Passion by James Darren Scott has a very nice cover and I hope that the inside of the book is just as nice as it’s cover. The book can’t be all that bad because it’s written by Scott and that’s my first name. It’s a sign from the blogging Gods.
“Most bloggers don’t make any money! However, this book was written to allow anyone to profit from their blog.” I hope this is the book to turn things around.
The Essential Habits of 6-Figure Bloggers: Secrets of 17 successful bloggers you can use to build (your) a six-figure online business by Sally Miller
5. The next book is written by a six-figure blogger Sally Miller who wrote: The Essential Habits of 6-Figure Bloggers: Secrets of 17 successful bloggers you can use to build (your) a six-figure online business.
A reason to buy this book is if you’re in the market (like I am) to monetize your blog.
In The Essential Habits of 6-Figure Bloggers, you’ll discover five items:
- The common traits of popular content creators to cut straight to the best strategies
- How to pick a social media niche to stay profitable
- Six proven monetization systems to reap your project’s rewards
- Methods to help keep you on track so bad days won’t interrupt your journey to the top
- Tips on how to think bigger and much, much more!
It’s a must-have resource book for your blogging library. Especially if you’re looking to score big and monetize your blog. My educated guess is that this book is so good because at this moment it needs to be backordered and is out of stock. That’s a very good indicator how good of a book this is to monetize your blog.
WordPress to Go and it’s by Sarah McHarry.
6. This is not a book that I personally would get, because I’ve been blogging for nearly 2 years. But if you’re a new blogger and you’re just beginning to learn the ropes this could be a very valuable tool that can save you a lot of time to set up a blog. One of the common things that I normally on see on Facebook Groups is something akin to: I’ve been wanting to start a blog but don’t know where to start. This book provides you with the step-by-step details to go from point A (registering for your domain) to point B (learning how to use WordPress. The name of the book is WordPress to Go and it’s by Sarah McHarry.
The subtitle for this book really personifies what you’ll get in the book: How to build a WordPress website on your own domain, from scratch, even if you are a complete beginner.
With WordPress you don’t need to necessarily know how to code, the program does the work for you. It helps to have a basic understanding but it’s not absolutely necessary when you’re using WordPress.
With all of the information out there on the Internet, you’ll have all of the information that you need at your fingertips to start your own self-hosted website (and that’s key to monetizing your blog).
500 Social Media Marketing Tips: Essential Advice, Hints, and Strategy for Business by Andrew McCarthy
7. One thing that I want to get a better understanding of to market my blog is to get more familiar with different types of social media. I’m proficient with using Pinterest and Facebook, but it would be nice to see what I might be missing out on with the other social medias to promote my blog and learn how to better use them.
Just a few days ago, I wrote a post called PinArtwork SEO 5 Best ways to promote your Blog and I wish I would have had this book to learn more about social media.
The name of the book is called 500 Social Media Marketing Tips: Essential Advice, Hints, and Strategy for Business by Andrew McCarthy.
Here’s what you’ll learn with 500 Social Media Marketing tips:
- Why Every Business Needs a Social Media Marketing Strategy
- The Key Foundations for Every Successful Social Media Marketing Plan
- The Most Effective Content to Share on Social Media (And How to Make It)
- Hundreds of Tips to Get More Followers and Grow Your Audience
- How to Use Text, Images, Stories, and Live Video to Grab the Attention of your Ideal Customer
- How to Use Paid Advertising to Supercharge Your Content and Reach a Massive Audience
- … and more!
“Over 100,000 people have used 500 Social Media Marketing Tips to harness the power of social media to attract customers and increase sales.”
One Million Followers: How I Built a Massive Social Media following in 30 Days by Brendan Kane
8. The book called One Million Followers – How I Built a Massive Social following in 30 Days by Brendan Kane is another good book that I’ve often seen if you want to grow your social media marketing platform.
I have an Affiliate Link to share with you for this book. However, the affiliate link that I have for this is an audio book and to me that takes the fun out of having a physical book. But I’ll include the audiobook if that’s your thing.
Manage your Day to Day: Build your Routine, Find your Focus, and Sharpen your Creative Mind by Joceyln Glei
9. You’ve probably heard the expression don’t judge a book by it’s cover. This book falls into that category. It doesn’t strike me as book that’s good on design but perhaps the inner part of the book is a lot better.
The name of the book is Manage your Day to Day: Build your Routine, Find your Focus, and Sharpen your Creative Mind by Joceyln Glei.
It’s a time-management book (not a book about monetizing your blog). But it could prove to be worthwhile for your collection. The good thing about this book is that you could learn how to spend more productive time to work on your blog. Because having a blog requires a lot of time and work.
How to Blog: Start A Blog for Profit. Make Money Blogging with many Strategies and Start a Profitable Blog to Build a Passive Income by Mark Growt
10. This next book is called How to Blog – Start A Blog for Profit. Make Money Blogging with many Strategies and Start a Profitable Blog to Build a Passive Income by Mark Growt.
There’s a couple of reasons that this book stands out. In the book they mention that you need to “Treat your blog as a successful business and have a clear vision of the goals you have in mind to take it to the top.”
As I mentioned there are two things that stand out, the other is: “Remember, the process of generating a profitable blog is not an art, it’s a science. There are specific strategies that can be enforced and things that you must consider to generate the income you desire. Should you follow these steps, however, then it should be easy and feasible for you to generate six figures or more every single year from your blog.”
Blogging: Blogging for Income by Ezekiel Brenner
11. The next book is called Blogging – Blogging for Income by Ezekiel Brenner. Here’s the description of this book because it looks so captivating in the terms that hopefully I’ll be able to find out what I’m doing wrong on my blog and why it’s not turning a profit.
“Blogging for Income, assumes you have no knowledge of blogging whatsoever and holds your hand through the process of getting your blog up and getting it monetized. However, if you already have a blog, and if your only problem is the monetization aspect of things, then you will also find the answers you are looking for here. It’s a straight-to-the point, no-fluff, guide to blogging A must-read for anyone who’d like to learn how to build a blog and earn an income with it.”
Make Money From Blogging: How To Start A Blog & Profit From It: A Step-By-Step Guide by Lisa Tanner and Sally Miller
12. I’m saving one of the best books for last because this one really knocked off my socks and it’s called Make Money From Blogging: How To Start A Blog & Profit From It: A Step-By-Step Guide by Lisa Tanner and Sally Miller (Note: Sally Miller also wrote book #3 that I mentioned earlier).
Struggling to gain traction with your blog? Plagued by posts providing little to no financial return? Do dreams of making money seem unattainable? Seasoned business analyst, MBA, and web expert Sally Miller teamed up with successful blogger and freelancer, Lisa Tanner, to create this book for you.
In this book, Sally Miller and Lisa Tanner show you exactly how to earn your first $1000 (or more).
In this practical and fluff-free guide, you’ll find step-by-step instructions on how to:
* Pick a blogging niche that is profitable and exciting.
* Set up a blog for less than $100 (even if you have no technical skills).
* Easily create content you and your readers love.
* Earn at least $1000 from your blog – using six proven monetization strategies.
* Market your blog like a pro (in less than one hour a day).
An extra bonus from this book is that when you buy this book, you’ll be invited to a private Facebook Group for free.